What to consider before launching an email marketing campaign?
- Build a qualified opt-in database
- Segment your database accurately, based on interests and analytics
- Send timely messages that are relevant to the subscriber, otherwise it will be considered as spam
- Send your message with the backing of a vast email campaign platform
Link building: what to consider?
To drive more traffic to your website, it is important to think about your link building strategy and consider the following while implementing:
- Think about the keyword you are trying to link for
- Consider the quality instead of the quantity
- Write compelling anchor text
- Create valuable content that people want to share naturally
- Ask for linking by explaining the value of your content to their audience
- Create off-page content such as articles, guest posts and videos and link to your site
How to blog?
How to provide ‘to the point’ content?
Visitors decide within a few seconds whether they want to spend more time on your website or not. So you have to make sure your content is compelling enough to capture interest.
- Focus on ‘why’ people would be visiting your site
- Focus on ‘what’ you could do to improve their business
- Focus on ‘how’ you could help
How to optimize your metadata for SEO?
Meta tags are optional page descriptors you can add to the HTML code of your site to help browsers understand what your website is about. By adding meta tgas you will increase click-through rates to your website.
- Create unique title tags for each page based on specific keywords that are relevant for that page
- Write an attractive description tag with a call to action to click-through to the site
- Use relevant keyword variations in the keyword tags
How to decide on ‘technical requirements’ when building a website?
Before building a website, you need to consider the technical requirements because these affect budget, time frame, etc.
- Decide about the domain names: based on your name, your business or website topic?
- Decide about hosting: shared hosting, Virtual Server, Dedicated Server?
- Decide about the underlying structure of the site: HTML, a CMS or Flash?
How to optimize your website for search engines?
- Google only sends users to a website that is technically ok
- Give search engines a clue regarding what’s your site about by optimizing your meta data
- Provide visitors with ‘to the point’ content
- Add a blog to your site with good valuable content and link content to a credible author
- Remove dead links and link to relevant websites
- Integrate social media on your website
How to get my website on my mobile in a user friendly way?
Responsive design is the answer ! But still then you should think about the actual user scenarios from customer point of view on a mobile device. It is not very likely that a customer will go into depth on your mobile site like he or she does on your actual website.
You should think about your mobile scenarios. Which scenarios are important to support when on the go, when being mobile? Customers want quick access to your contact information, see the location of your store, find a map or directions how to go to your store, see some promotions or short overview of your services, see the brands you sell, … Since they are already on the move, they will find out the details in the store itself. So the main goal for your mobile site is to facilitate getting there and having the most important information directly accessible.
Reduce the amount of clicks no matter what?
Everyone is talking about reducing the amount of clicks on websites and applications. But sometimes reducing the amount of clicks isn’t better from user point of view (although users are sometimes asking for it !). Often this leads to very crowded pages, with an overkill of features with as a result a less user-friendly user interface.
Make sure you always observe & analyse in depth the mental model & workflow of your (potential) end user in order to have good insights into his or her current procedures or working models. When digitalizing this experience, one click more can often lead to a more practical, less forced, so more user friendly user interface because you might bring the natural workflow of your user more into the product.
Of course you want to reduce the amount of clicks and work on the efficiency of our products, but it’s not the general rule that one click less means a better user experience (ux).
How should an ideal homepage look like?
An ideal homepage should inform your client or potential client in 3-5 seconds about the services you deliver or the product that you sell. Keep in mind: 3-5 seconds is not much, but that’s the time that users explore your page and decide if they stay on it or hit the next Google search result.
How should an ideal homepage then look like? Focus on the key scenario(s). If you are the NMBS, your key scenario on the homepage is an input form for checking the train hours & to buy a ticket. If you sell baby clothes via a web shop, your homepage should visualize the new arrivals or most popular products in your web shop with an easy access to the whole scale of products.
Try not to focus on more than 2-3 core tasks on your homepage. In this way, customers can more easily identify if the website or platform meets their needs and they will not have the feeling of cognitive overload. Make sure primary information is well delineated from secondary information.