Depending on the activities or assets involved, certain types of insurance may be required:
- car insurance, if cars will be used/owned;
- occupational accidents insurance for employees;
- if certain areas can be accessed by the public, fire and explosion insurance;
- product liability insurance;
- certain specific types of insurance, eg, in the medical field it is required to cover the sponsor's liability for clinical trials;
- certain professions also require civil liability insurance.
Other policies, while not required, are highly recommended (eg, D&O liability insurance, force majeure insurance, etc).